A fence is your property’s entrance, framing your house from the street and providing what is often the first glimpse of your home that visitors will get. Installing a fence can be a troublesome task if you plan to take it on yourself, but for a professional- it’s a piece of cake! A quick online search will draw dozens of fencing companies near Poulsbo, Silverdale, and nearby areas that can do the job perfectly.
So, if you’re searching for a privacy fencing contractor with the right qualifications who will do the job right and ensure your fence follows all permits correctly, continue reading. This blog post explores how to research fence contractors near you, understand your options, and choose the right company for your unique fencing needs and requirements.
Services A Fencing Contractor Offers
Fencing companies near Poulsbo, Silverdale, and surrounding areas work specifically with building, installing, repairing, and maintaining different types of fences in residential, industrial, or commercial properties. Responsibilities vary depending on the particular project.
Leading fencing contractors like the ones from Puget Fence can help assemble a custom fence, purchase a store-bought fence, or replace an old one. Here are some services they offer:
- Fence gate installation
- Fence maintenance and repair
- Fence building
- Privacy fence building and installation
- Fence design and customization
- Design and installation consultation
- Building and Zoning Department permitting
- Boundary and utility marking
How To Hire A Fencing Contractor Near You
Here are some tips to help you choose the right fencing company:
Consider The Cost
As with any other household renovation or remodeling that needs to be done on your property, the pricing of the fencing project will be a major consideration. Take some time to determine how much you can shell out to pay for materials, equipment, and installation, and then discuss your options with your fencing contractor.
Additionally, you can seek estimates from multiple different fence companies in Silverdale, Poulsbo, and nearby areas. This strategy is the best way to get a reliable and precise sense of the average cost and to better understand the various tradeoffs between quality, convenience, and cost.
Check The Timeline
Depending on the job size, your fencing contractor will need a certain time period to complete the designated task. Top fencing experts in Silverdale reveal that it’s best to establish a clear timeline specifying when you prefer your fence to be erected and the completion of all associated work.
Professional fencing contractors, like all industry specialists near Poulsbo, Silverdale, and surrounding areas, work on deadlines, so don’t be afraid to ask. The last thing you want is to have to wait weeks or even months feeling unsafe in your home without a fence installed or while wild animals are eating your lawn.
Ensure they’re qualified.
Before hiring a fence comapany near you, ensure they have the right qualifications for your project.
- Credentials: Check with your state’s licensing requirements to ensure your chosen contractor is qualified enough to build and install your new privacy fence and offer additional repairs and maintenance.
- Education: Contractors from reputed fencing companies like Puget Fence get training through trade schools and on-the-job experience. Ensure your chosen fencing specialist near Poulsbo, Silverdale, and surrounding areas has a solid foundation in both theoretical and practical aspects of the trade.
- Insurance: Your chosen fencing contractor needs to have general liability insurance to ensure you won’t be held liable for any issues that may arise during installation.
- Ongoing training: Find out whether the contractor belongs to any trade groups, like the American Fence Association, so you can be confident that they stay updated on the latest industry developments and adhere to the best practices within the field.
When selecting a privacy fence contractor near Silverdale, Poulsbo, and surrounding areas, do your very best to choose someone you can easily bond with. If you feel they constantly try to upsell or make excuses for why things can’t or won’t be done, walk away.
Extra Tips To Choose The Correct Fencing Contractor
Here are some tips to help you select the right fencing contractor:
- Seek recommendations from friends, neighbors, or online sources.
- Read reviews and estimates from other property owners in your area.
- Research the fencing company or contractor on the Better Business Bureau website.
- Ask about what kind of warranty they offer for the installation services and if they provide product warranties.
- If possible, visit some of the contractor’s completed projects to review their quality of work.
Some Additional Questions to Ask a Fencing Contractor
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you work under a general contractor?
- Do you charge an hourly or flat rate for the installation?
- Could you provide references?
- Can I have an estimate in writing?
- Will you obtain permits?
- Will they call the utility locator to pinpoint the location of any underground utility ground?
- Will they handle the slope?
- What’s the estimated timeline to complete the job?
Our team at Puget Fence Inc., a top fence company in Poulsbo, Silverdale, and nearby Washington areas, understands that good fencing enhances your property’s aesthetic appeal, security, and privacy.
With over 20 years of experience in the fencing industry, our expert team of professionals has the required knowledge and skills to handle any fencing project, big or small. We offer a low-maintenance, durable, and attractive range of privacy fencing for all your commercial, industrial, or residential customers in Pierce County, Jefferson County, Kitsap County, and Mason County.
Contact us at (360) 509 5095 to schedule an appointment with our team today.